Select a State
- Upfront Notice:
- Preliminary Notice to Owner:
- This is an optional notice.
- It gives you the right to look to the owner for payment if not paid by the contractor.
- Required to be sent before work or supplying materials.
- BICA sends this as the upfront notice.
- Follow-up Notice (if not paid):
- Response to Request for Itemized Account
- If you receive a request from the owner for an itemized account of work done or materials furnished, you must respond within 10 days of receipt of the request or lose lien rights on those items.
- Same handlings as for Commercial jobs.
- Upfront Notice: BICA sends a Courtesy Notice.
- Follow-up Notice (if not paid): There is no statutory follow-up notice